My fused art glass pieces are full of color with lots of dichroic glass mixed with beautiful bright backgrounds. Some are sculptural and some functional objects for the home including large and small bowls, dishes, platters,salt and pepper shakers, olive oil bottles, sushi dishes and serving utensils. I also make small accent tables with vintage or antique bases and art glass tops.
My Judaic pieces include Shabbat sets, candlesticks, menorahs and mezuzahs. Items for the home include bowls, dishes, platters and many other fun pieces to showcase in your home.
My glass art can be found in private collections around the United States and in Canada.
I am a retired speech pathologist who is living full time in West Palm Beach. I have lived here for the past 9 years but am a Florida native and grew up in Miami. I spent most of my adult life in California.
Always an art lover and collector, I began taking fused art glass classes nine years ago. I have studied with Sidney Escowitz and have taken classes at McMow Art Glass Center, at Art Glass Environments, with Kay Weiner and others. I now have my own studio and my hobby has become my passion. Working with glass has allowed me to express my creativity and love for color, shape and form. I get lost in my work and experience a thrill every time I open the kiln.
Irene Jalowayski, Artist
- Annual Art Glass competition - McMow Art Glass Gallery and Studio Lake Worth FL-. 2011, 2012, 2013
- Contempo: Pushing the Limit on Art- Lighthouse Art Center, Jupiter, FL - 2011
- Artistic Visions II- the Armory Art Center, West Palm Beach, FL- May 2012
- Clay, Glass, Metal, Stone Gallery, Lake Worth, FL: 2012, 2013
- Florida Craftsmen Members Exhibition-Lighthouse Arts Center, Tequesta,FL - August thru October 2012
- Member: Florida Craftsmen: 2012, 2013
- Member: Artists of Palm Beach County
- Arti Gras 2013 Selected as an emerging artist
- OSGS Gallery: Northwood Arts Districe, West Palm Beach. Permanent exhibiting artist.
- Artisans On The Avenue, permanent exhibiting artist, Lake Worth, Fl.
- Click on the tab below!